Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Feeling a little Melancholy


mel⋅an⋅chol⋅y 
–noun 1. a gloomy state of mind, esp. when habitual or prolonged; depression.
Synonyms:
1. sadness, dejection, despondency. 2. seriousness. 4. gloomy, despondent, blue, dispirited, sorrowful, dismal, doleful, glum, downcast. 6. serious.


I consider myself a pretty up beat person however, the past few weeks I've really been struggling. Don't worry, I'll be fine just feeling a little melancholy tonight.

Thomas is once again on travel and its never easy running a household when your partner is out of town. Travel is a normal part of his job and I'm so proud of him and what he does to support our soldiers. While I miss him when he's gone I totally support the mission. However, there are some night that I miss him more then others, kind of like tonight. Usually he's home for the weekend but he'll be gone until 1/14. I've planned extra activites to stay busy but weekends aren't the same without Thomas around.

For those of you that don't know my brother Joe and his family were involved in a house fire. Joe, Connie, Josh, Jack and Joelle all got out of the house safely but almost everything in the house was destroyed. I feel so helpless and wish there was something I could do to help. I'm so thankful for their safety and the support system they have from family and friends.

I went home in October and was able to see my Grandmother after 3 very long years. I cried when I saw her, I think because I don't see her on a regular basis, I see her differently that the family that surrounds her. I loved that she dressed in skirt and looked extra pretty for me. I love her so very much and fear that I'll lose another Grandmother. She fell and hit her head shortly after Christmas and was in the hospital for a couple of days. She now needs 24/7 care and I feel really bad that I'm not there to help out more.

My friend Jen was diagnosed with breast cancer last year and right now she is cancer free. Praise God!! However, she is very heavy on my mind, so Jen if you are reading this, I miss you and think about you all the time.

Then a family from old our church in Minnesota, is near the end of their battle with cancer. My heart breaks for their family. My thoughts and prayers are with Matt, Lacey , Gabe and Grace tonight. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/laceychambers Take a minute to look at their beautiful family. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#/album.php?page=1&aid=133349&id=751124964

So as today comes to an end, I am thankful for for all the gifts that I have been given. For the husband who loves me both at home and from far away. For the three children that make me a better person and some how love me unconditionally. For the home that I live in and the car that I drive. For the jobs that support our family. For our families that live in Minnesota, Washington and Oregon. For the selfless sacrifices of our soldiers and for my salvation. Thank you Lord!!!