Sunday, May 16, 2010

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth

Wow, has its really been over four months since my last blog? I am honestly going to try harder be blog more often. So, I'll try to catch you up on my family.
Thomas - he's such a wonderful man, I'm still not sure how I got so luck and married such a great guy. He is such a hard worker and I'm proud of what he does. He may not wear a green suit to work everyday but he is my hero and I'm feel honored that my husband helps take care of our military men and woman.
Me - well, I spent the first few months of 2010 sick and I mean very sick. I had some issues with my LapBand and was throwing up to 30 times a day. Twice I had to be hooked up to IV fluids to rehydrate myself. But once I started throwing up blood, a upper GI was done and we found out that I could keep nothing down, so the decisions was made to take all the fluid out of my band. It was really hard because I've had to start over again but I'm working it out. Work is awesome, I love my job and my co-workers and feel so blessed to be employee of CPAC. My mommy came to visit at the the end of March and we had a wonderful visit.
Makenna - Oh, the joys of raising a teenager, one minute she's on top of the earth and the next she's down in the lowest valley. So, lets go with the high lights. Makenna made it to State for Speech and placed 3rd in her category. It's official, she has a boyfriend, I'm not sure how I feel about that?! But, Joe is a very nice boy, but it just feel strange for her to be dated. She enrolled in Driver's Ed and finished her classroom time and now is working on her behind the wheel. She got a car and I know she's just itching to get out and drive.
Kevin - What a sweet little boy. My family in Washington doesn't know my boys but Kevin has a of Standley in him. He'd fit in perfectly with all the other Standley men, very loving and very funny! He seems to enjoy school and really taken a liken to math, which of course, his father loves. He loves to do anything with paper; cut, color, fold, ect. Oh and his imagination is just amazing.
Matthew - Oh, this little boy is going to be a handful for many, many years to come. He is always so busy and when he gets bored, he gets into trouble. Matthew also spend the beginning of 2010 sick but his was ear infections, so 4 days before his 3rd birthday, he had his second set of tubes put in and also had his tonsils and adenoids removed. Since then, he's been well and has been talking non-stop.
So, that's my family update and I promise to be better about posting more often.

1 comment:

'Mamma J' said...

I am so sorry things have been so tough lately, that is no fun!! You have not "fallen off the face of the earth", you are just trying to remain standing on the earth. You are an amazing strong women, even as kids I sensed that in you, I admire you and know you will get through this!! Keep it up, I will be praying for you-
Jeni